Saturday 19 May 2012

Natural Laundry Detergents



Its so difficult to find a mild laundry detergent in Malaysia that i am seriously considering making my own or just using water except for tough stains. I recently tried a locally manufactured     "natural" laundry detergent and found my clothes laden with soap residue after every wash cycle.

Apart from the local detergent above, the only other product available in stores, actually just one store (Village Grocer) in the city is Earth Choice. This product comes from Australia and it cost close to RM18 or USD5 a bottle approximately. It lasts a month (for one person) hence needless to say you will be spending a lot if you have a family! A 750 ml bottle of Earth Choice can rinse up to 21 washes or so they say.

I have been using it for 6 months and have no complains so far.  The label says its a plant based formula. Readiliy Biodegradable Surfactants. No petrochemical Surfactants, Phosphate, Ammonia or Chlorine. Reduces Chemical Waste & Pollutants. Low Sodium (6%). Septic Safe. No added Phosphorus.

For more information please visit www.natureorganics.com.au. I know some of my friends use just a little bit of Dettol to wash clothes instead of detergents and fabric softeners. Perhaps I should experiment with making my own detergents and see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment